It is more about what the PIRB does for the Plumbing Industry as a whole. The objectives of the PIRB are:
- Effectively administering and maintaining a live and updated plumbing industry registration system.
- Monitor and re-enforce compliance to the national technical application of plumbing regulations, standards and best practices.
- Promote compliant plumbing practices that protect the environment, the health and safety of the public, and the integrity and sustainability of the South African Plumbing Industry.
- Promote and monitor expertise and competencies among the PIRB registered professionals.
- Increase awareness of the PIRB and effectively communicate the vision, mission, objectives, and activities to all its stakeholders.