If you’re wondering how to start your CPD journey, here are a few guidelines:
The Plumbing Industry Registration Board (PIRB) is a Professional Body registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and in order to abide by the rules and regulations of this registration, all individuals registered with the PIRB are required to do Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
The PIRB follows the necessary rules and regulations as stipulated by SAQA and therefore all registered individuals who register with us also have to abide by the rules of the Qualifications Authority by doing CPD. There are many CPD activities available to do without it costing too much, just some time in front of the computer.
The PIRB’s CPD department is also available to assist registered plumbers to reach their annual CPD goals with the necessary advise and guidance. Therefore, to start things off, please take a look at the CPD menu HERE. Also, take a look at the activities below that can be done by a licenced plumber to get his points quickly:
Here’s a list of activities you can do;
- Watch the six videos on the PIRB’s website (5.5 points total) and provide a screenshot of the last image as evidence.
- Watch ‘What is CPD’ on YouTube (2 points) and provide a screenshot of the last image as evidence.
- Mentor a Learner (5 points). Please keep a logbook with tasks completed for a week and a copy of the learner’s id as evidence.
- Download the plumber’s app (APP PLUMBER) from Google Play Store (2 points) and provide a screenshot as evidence.
- Do charity work (4 points) and provide a thank you letter from the person or organisation from where the free plumbing work was done.
- Subscribe to Plumbing Africa Online (2 points) and provide a screenshot as evidence.
- Watch the PIRB’s new system non-compliance webinar (3 points) and provide a screenshot of the last image as evidence.
- Buy Training Manuals on IOPSA’s Plumber’s Shop.
- Register on the LMS (Learner Management System) for (2 points) at www.iopsatraining.co.za and provide a screenshot as evidence.
- Listen to the PIRB’s Professional Plumber Podcast and complete the weekly quiz on the Plumbers App (0.25 points).
Remember to keep the evidence/proof needed for each activity and submit it on your plumber’s profile. It is imperative that you take a screenshot of all the activities you do.
To take a screenshot, please follow the steps below:
- Press the Shift Key on your keyboard, then the little Windows Key and then the “S” key without letting go of any of the keys.
- Your screen will go grey and your cursor will change into a big “+” sign.
- By keeping the left key on your mouse in, drag the cursor so that the image you want to screenshot goes into a white block.
- When you have the image in the white block you want to save, let go of the mouse key
- The image will pop up in a Snippet block on the right side of your screen
- Click on the image and at the top of the image, press “Save”
- Then Save the image on your computer under images/pictures
You can load the activity when you get to the blue block on your profile where it says “CHOOSE FILE”. As soon as you click on it, you will be taken to the images Saved on your computer. You just click on the image and click on “Open”.
The image will then be inserted into your profile as proof of your activity so that when we open it on the administrative side, the activity chosen and the image will correspond.
To log into your plumber’s profile:
- You need to visit the PIRB’s website at www.pirb.co.za
- Click on Plumber Login just below the picture of the man fixing a tap
Then click LOGIN (NOTE: DO NOT click on Register as you will then duplicate your profile).
NOTE: If you have already logged into your profile and changed the password, please use the current email address and password you have chosen to log onto your profile.
- Once your profile is open, you will see your photo on the left top corner
- Below that you will see a menu list Click on “MY CPD”
- On the next page, click on the block that says “ACTIVITY”
- Enter the date
- AT the little picture of the lady with the headphones where it says “CHOOSE FILE”, click on the file which will then take you back to your computer where you saved the images of the screenshots
- Click on the little block at the Declaration where you declare that the information you have given us is true and correct
- Then click on “SUBMIT”
- If you get stuck, please give us a call when you are in front of your computer and we will assist you.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org